Browse News Stories
Posted December 11, 2013:
- Even When Test Scores Go Up, Some Cognitive Abilities Don't
- Researchers Uncover Mechanism Controlling Tourette Syndrome Tics
- Spanking Children Slows Cognitive Development and Increases Risk of Criminal Behavior, Expert Says
- Education: Learning With 'Stronger Peers' Yields No Boost
- New Test Facilitates Diagnosis of Autism in Adults
- Are Overweight Children Less Able to Handle Advertising?
Posted December 10, 2013:
- Social Exclusion and Consumer Product Preference: Drink Pepsi to Fit In, but Fly American to Stand Out?
- Natural Disaster Relief: How Does Psychological Distance Affect Donations?
- Motivating Women to Forget the Message: When Do Breast Cancer Ads Backfire?
- Exercise Alleviates Sexual Side-Effects of Antidepressants in Women
- Colleges Pay Attention: How Do Top Ten Rankings Influence Applications?
- Does Gender Play Role in Negative Word of Mouth Advertising?
- Conflict Zone Contractors Suffer High Rates of PTSD, Depression
- Music Brings Memories Back to the Injured Brain
- One in Two Users Accepts a Lack of Privacy on Internet
Posted December 9, 2013:
- Awkward Facebook Encounters
- Balancing Old and New Skills
- The Smoking Gun: Fish Brains and Nicotine
- Prolonged Viewing of Boston Marathon Bombings Media Coverage Tied to Acute Stress
- Personal Antidepressant for Every Genome
- How Concussion Can Lead to Depression Years Later
- Problem-Child Behavior Could Result from Early Puberty in Girls
- Older Dads: Possible Links to Autism, Schizophrenia in Offspring
- Life and Work: One and the Same?
- Peer-Review Science Is Taking Off on Twitter, but Who Is Tweeting What and Why?
Posted December 8, 2013:
- Concussion Secrets Unveiled in Mice and People
- Boosting Immune System to Treat Brain Cancer
- Gene Expression Changes With Meditation
- Laser Ablation Surgery Shows Better Cognitive Results for People With Epilepsy
Posted December 6, 2013:
- Researchers May Have Discovered a Plan to Disable Meniere's Disease
- To Improve Foster Care, Add Psychiatric Nurse to Treatment Team
- Study Finds Parental Stress Linked to Obesity in Children
- Study Delivers Protein Across Blood-Brain Barrier to Degrade Alzheimer's Plaques
- Human Stem Cells Predict Efficacy of Alzheimer Drugs
Posted December 5, 2013:
- Good Relationships Make Women More Satisfied With Their Weight
- Teachers' Concern at the Sexualization of Children
- When It Comes to Peer Pressure, Teens Are Not Alone
- Researchers Create Brand Associations by Mining Millions of Images from Social Media
- Probiotic Therapy Alleviates Autism-Like Behaviors in Mice
- Protein Clumps as Memory
- Electrical Brain Stimulation May Evoke a Person's 'Will to Persevere'
- Recurring Memory Traces Boost Long-Lasting Memories
- Gentler Heart Surgery Remains Without Signs of Dementia
- Brain Shape Affects Children's Learning Capacities
- Alcohol in Pregnancy Causes Children to Have Impaired Social Skills
- Blacks Happier at Work Than Whites Despite Fewer Friends, Less Autonomy
- Teen Sleep Problems: Social Ties More Important Than Biology
Posted December 4, 2013:
- Why Singing in a Choir Is Good for You
- The Challenge of Being a New Student
- Multi-Dog Study Points to Canine Brain's Reward Center