Browse News Stories
Posted August 3, 2012:
Posted August 2, 2012:
- Modest Weight Loss Can Have Lasting Health Benefits, Research Shows
- Ethylene of No Effect: Why Peppers Do Not Mature After Picking
- Iced Tea Can Contribute to Painful Kidney Stones
Posted August 1, 2012:
Posted July 31, 2012:
Posted July 27, 2012:
- World’s Greatest Plant Diversity for the Paleogene: Over a Hundred Different Plant Species Recorded at the Messel Fossil Site
Posted July 25, 2012:
Posted July 24, 2012:
- Is There Such a Thing as Eating Too Many Fruits and Vegetables?
- Carnivores: Beware of Ticks
- Feces Fossils Show Connection Between Native-Americans, Diabetes: Did Fat-Hoarding Genes Develop from the Nature of Ancient Feasts?
- Half of CVD Deaths in Europe Could Be Avoided With Proper Regulation, Experts Say
Posted July 23, 2012:
- High Dietary Antioxidant Intake Might Cut Pancreatic Cancer Risk
- Why Do Anti-Hunger and Anti-Obesity Initiatives Always Fall Short?
- Snacking and BMI Linked to Double Effect of Brain Activity and Self-Control
- Improving Cognitive Function With Ginseng-Fortified Milk?
Posted July 20, 2012:
Posted July 19, 2012:
- Menu Labeling Requirements Lead to Healthier Options at Chain Restaurants
- What Would Batman Eat?
- How Does Fat Influence Flavor Perception?
Posted July 18, 2012:
- All-They-Can-Eat Diet for Lab Mice and Rats May Foster Inaccurate Test Results
- Neanderthals in Northern Spain Had Knowledge of Plants' Healing Qualities, Study Reveals
- Fighting Obesity With Thermal Imaging
- Vitamin E May Lower Liver Cancer Risk
- Sugar-Sweetened Drinks Are Not Replacing Milk in Kid's Diets
- Beating the Fuel Prices: Using Yeast for Economic Production of Bioethanol
Posted July 17, 2012:
- Reconstructing the Diet of African Hominid Australopithecus Anamensis
- Girls With Eating Disorders Regain Healthy Fatty Acid Levels When Their Weight Normalizes
Posted July 16, 2012:
- Cannabis 'Pharma Factory' Discovered
- Low-Cal Diet's Effects Seen in Fly Brain, Mouthpart
- Increased Recommended Dietary Vitamin C Could Help Reduce Heart Disease, Stroke, Cancer
- Farm to Market: New Device Makes Cleaning Leafy Greens Easy, Economical
Posted July 13, 2012:
Posted July 11, 2012:
- For Romantic Partners Left out of a Meal, Lunch Is Not 'Just Lunch'
- Caterpillar Gets More from Its Food When Predator Is on the Prowl
- Weight Loss Resulting from a Low-Fat Diet May Help Eliminate Menopausal Symptoms
Posted July 10, 2012:
- World's Largest Herbivore, the African Elephant, Makes Unique Food Choices
- Subtle Goal Reminders, Known as Primes, Can Offset Hedonic Effects of Food and Facilitate Health Behavior
- Greater Diet-Induced Obesity in Rats Consuming Sugar Solution During the Inactive Period
- Reward Sensitivity Increases Food 'Wanting' Following Television 'Junk Food' Commercials
- Multiple Pieces of Food Are More Rewarding Than an Equicaloric Single Piece of Food in Both Animals and Humans
Posted July 9, 2012:
Posted July 6, 2012:
Posted July 5, 2012:
- How a Protein Meal Tells Your Brain You're Full
- New Study Maps Hotspots of Human-Animal Infectious Diseases and Emerging Disease Outbreaks
Posted July 4, 2012:
- Brazil Has Laws That Protect Against 'Big Food' and 'Big Snack'
- Potential Food Crisis With Global Warming, UK Scientists Warn
Posted July 3, 2012:
- Why Current Strategies for Fighting Obesity Are Not Working
- Organic Tomatoes Contain Higher Levels of Antioxidants Than Conventional Tomatoes, Study Suggests