Browse News Stories
Posted April 15, 2013:
Posted April 14, 2013:
- Implantable, Bioengineered Rat Kidney: Transplanted Organ Produces Urine, but Further Refinement Is Needed
- Ordinary Skin Cells Morphed Into Functional Brain Cells
Posted April 12, 2013:
- Clues to Heart Disease in Unexpected Places
- The Power of Cocoa Polyphenols Against Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Are Four Prenatal Visits Enough?
- Asbestos Exposure, Asbestosis, and Smoking Combined Greatly Increase Lung Cancer Risk
- Romantic Comedies Affect Beliefs About Relationships Less Strongly Than Expected
Posted April 11, 2013:
- Novel Surface Marker Helps Scientists 'Fish Out' Mammary Gland Stem Cells
- Molecular Hub Links Obesity, Heart Disease to High Blood Pressure
- Stem Cell Proliferation and Differentiation Observed Within Hydrogel
- Is There a Future for a Privacy-Friendly Internet?
- 'Seeing' the Flavor of Foods Before Tasting Them
- Doctors Urged to 'Pause Before Posting' and Not 'Friend' Patients
- 'Strikingly Similar' Brains of Human and Fly May Aid Mental Health Research
- Material Screening Method Allows More Precise Control Over Stem Cells
- Novel Approach to Study COPD and Treatment Efficacy Identified
- Healing by the Clock: In Fruit Flies, Intestinal Stem-Cell Regeneration Fluctuates With the Time of Day
- Cell-Destroyer That Fights and Promotes TB Reveals What's Behind Its Split Identity
- Sound Stimulation During Sleep Can Enhance Memory
- How Alzheimer's Could Occur: Wrong Signal for Cell Division?
- South Not the Fattest Part of U.S. After All
- Over Half of Young Adult Deaths Could Be Preventable If Parents and Children Work Together, Experts Say
- Genetic Master Controls Expose Cancers' Achilles' Heel
- New Protein Target for Controlling Diabetes
- Do Drugs for Bipolar Disorder 'Normalize' Brain Gene Function?
Posted April 10, 2013:
- How Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Implemented Washington's Death With Dignity Act
- Reducing Infant Exposure to Smoke
- Overactive Marker May Shorten Survival of Brain Tumor Patients
- Ancient Roman Man Hidden Beneath Famous Painting at the Louvre
- New Cutting-Edge Cell Research Will Lead to Safer Medical Experiments on Humans
- Surprising Ability of Blood Stem Cells to Respond to Emergencies
- Cardiopoietic 'Smart' Stem Cells Show Promise in Heart Failure Patients
- Spring Cleaning in Your Brain's Stem Cells?
- People Who Normally Practice Sport Have a Better Attention Span Than Those With Bad Physical Health
Posted April 9, 2013:
- Modest Population-Wide Weight Loss Could Result in Reductions in Type 2 Diabetes and Cardio Disease
- Treatment Leads to Near-Normal Life Expectancy for People With HIV in South Africa
- A New Approach for Spinal Muscular Atrophy?
- Researchers Create Next-Generation Alzheimer's Disease Model
- Genetic Biomarker May Help Identify Neuroblastomas Vulnerable to Novel Class of Drugs
- Researchers Find Heart Disorder Genetic Variants in Stillbirth Cases
- Small Molecule Unlocks Key Prostate Cancer Survival Tactic
- Two-Drug Combo More Effective in Treating Sarcomas
- Engineered Antibody Demonstrated Safety, Efficacy in Wide Range of Advanced Tumors
- Producing New Neurons Under All Circumstances: A Challenge That Is Just a Mouse Away
- Selling Concert Tickets? Consider Parking When Setting the Price
- 'Spooky Action at a Distance' Aboard the International Space Station
- How 'Free Will' Is Implemented in the Brain and Is It Possible to Intervene in the Process?
Posted April 8, 2013:
- Fewer Unnecessary Early Deliveries Seen in Multistate, Hospital-Based Study
- New Prostate Cancer Screening Guidance Statement