NEW: Find great deals on the latest gadgets and more in the ScienceDaily Store!
Reference Terms
from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jack o'lantern mushroom

The jack o'lantern mushroom is an orange to red gill mushroom that is similar in appearance to the chanterelle, and most notable for its bioluminescent properties.

Unlike the chanterelle, the jack o'lantern mushroom is very poisonous.

While not lethal, consuming this mushroom leads to very severe cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Note:   The above text is excerpted from the Wikipedia article "Jack o'lantern mushroom", which has been released under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Related Stories

Share This Page:

Science News
October 24, 2016

Latest Headlines
updated 12:56 pm ET