Reference Terms
from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Transition metal

The term transition metal (sometimes also called a transition element) commonly refers to any element in the d-block of the periodic table, including zinc, cadmium and mercury.

Note:   The above text is excerpted from the Wikipedia article "Transition metal", which has been released under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Related Stories

Matter & Energy News
May 29, 2017

Latest Headlines
updated 12:56 pm ET