Today's Science News
Cells' Powerhouses Were Once Energy Parasites: Study Upends Current Theories of How Mitochondria Began
- Lab-Made Organoids Form Human Tissue in Mice
- Origins of Sex: Copulation in Distant Ancestors
- Hearing Restored in Noise-Deafened Mice
- New Information About Sun's Atmosphere
- Cells' Mitochondria Were Once Energy Parasites
- Change Your Walking Style, Change Your Mood
- House Fly Genome Reveals Expanded Immune System
- Roman Gladiators: Vegetarians That Drank Ashes
- Electric Charge in Microbial Nanowires
- Major Breakthrough to Help Detoxify Pollutants
- Smoking In Pregnancy Alters Newborn DNA: Study
- Biological Clock Disruptions: Breast Cancer Risk
- Action Video Games Bolster Sensorimotor Skills?
- Superconducting Circuits, Simplified
- Sharp Vision? How the Brain Is Tricking You
More Science News
Subscribe for Free
News by Topic
Three People Infected With Ebola Predicted to Fly from West Africa Every Month If No Exit Screening Takes Place
Patients Treated With Radiation Therapy Who Have Tumors in Left Breast Have Comparable Overall Survival to Those With Tumors in Right Breast
- Antibiotics Spread Salmonella Among Animals
- Mental Rest and Reflection Boost Learning
- Untangling Biological Effects of Blue Light
- Skates Talk Back: 'Smart' Ice Skating Blade
- No Exit Screening: Ebola-Infected Travelers
- See-Through Sensors Open New Window Into Brain
- Elderly: Subliminal Messages Can Boost Function
- Charting the Fate of Chemicals Affecting Health
- Autism: Siblings Can Show Signs at 18 Months
- Radiation: Outcomes Same for Left, Right Breast
- See-Through Electrodes for Studying Brain
- Sport in Old Age Can Stimulate Brain Fitness
- 'Eyecane' Aids Navigational Abilities for Blind
- Why Your Brain Makes You Reach for Junk Food
- Brain: Evidence for Internal 'Calorie Counter'
- Fairness Is in the Brain, Scientists Say
- Masculine Men, Feminine Women: Urban Habit?
- New Antidepressant: Pleasure-Seeking First
- Nanoparticles for Treatments for Alzheimer's?
- Cold Sores Increase Risk of Dementia: Study
- Kids Drinking Non-Cow's Milk: Low Vitamin D Risk
- Baby's Health Begins Before Pregnancy
- Medication Frequently Given Incorrectly to Kids
- Birth Season Affects Your Mood in Later Life
- Could Reading Glasses Soon Be Thing of the Past?
- People Trust Trivial Graphs and Formulas
- Physicists Warn 'Nail Beauty Fanatics'
- Male, Female Brains Respond Differently to Fat
- Oh, Brother! Having Sibling Makes Boys Selfless
- Pre-Eclampsia May Be Caused by the Fetus
Smartphone Approach for Examining Progression of Diabetic Eye Disease Offers Comparable Results to Traditional Method
- Starfish-Like Shells for 3-D-Printing Pills
- Wild Molecular Interactions in Hydrogen Mixture
- Protocells and Information Strings: Virtual Model
- Reversible Laser Tractor Beam Developed
- 1980s Aircraft Helps Quantum Tech Take Flight
- Goldilocks Principle Wrong for Particle Assembly
- New Tracers Identify Frack Fluids in Environment
- 3-D Printed Facial Prosthesis: Cancer Patients
- Crystallizing the DNA Nanotechnology Dream
- Smartphones to Examine Diabetic Eye Disease
Journey to the Center of the Earth: Geochemist Uses Helium and Lead Isotopes to Gain Insight Into Makeup of Planet’s Deep Interior
- NASA Rover Opportunity Views Comet Near Mars
- Mars Orbiter Image: Comet Nucleus Is Small
- Venusian Mystery: Heavy Metal Frost
- Mars Odyssey Orbiter Watches Comet Fly Near
- MAVEN Studies Passing Comet and Its Effects
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Studies Comet Flyby
- Explosion: Hydrogen-Deficient Supernova ...
- Tiny 'Nanoflares' Might Heat Sun's Corona
- Insight Into Makeup of Earth’s Deep Interior
- Stars' Cosmic Jets Formed by Magnetic Fields
- iPhones Capture Tough Ocular Images
- Breakthrough Will Help Design Future Antibiotics
- Tumor Switches from Dormant to Malignant: Why?
- Dispelling Misconception About Mg-Ion Batteries
- Digital Archaeology Changes Past Exploration
- Brain Surgery, by Robot, Through the Cheek
- Weather History 'Time Machine' Created
- Future Computers Built from Magnetic 'Tornadoes'
- Can We Teach Robots Right from Wrong?
- Monitoring Heart Failure With Tiny Implant
- Male Bluefin Killifish: Each Fin Means Something
- Antibiotic Content in Farm-Raised Fish Evaluated
- Secrets of Dinosaur Ecology in Fragile Amber
- Semi-Arid Ecosystems Resist Climate Change?
- Fish Just Wanna Have Fun
- New Tarantula Species Named After John Lennon
- Oxygen Supply to Bottom of North Sea: How?
- Winning War Against Human Parainfluenza Virus
- Blind Cave Fish: Insight On Human Health Issues?
- Fish Intake: Antidepressant Response Boost
- Huge Tsunamis Have Hit Hawaii in Past
- What Spurs Earthquakes in the Oceans?
- Later Supper for Blackbirds in the City
- Asbestos Likely More Widespread Than Thought
- Drop in UK Migratory Birds Wintering in Africa
- Australian Volcanic Mystery Explained
- Climate Change Alters Cast of Winter Birds
- Plastic Nanoparticles Harm Freshwater Organisms
- Big Predator Loss: Impact On Herbivores, Plants
- Mysterious Midcontinent Rift: Geological Hybrid
Canary for Climate Change: How Past Extinctions Have Influenced Modern Distribution, Population Size of Existing Species
Ancient Fossils of Bizarre Figure-Eight Water Creatures Confirmed Among Our Strangest Distant Cousins
- No Signs of Spinal Arthritis in Egyptian Mummies
- Did Autism Evolve Recently in Human History?
- Cellular Self-Destruction Throughout Evolution
- Huge Mountains Fed Early Life, Scientists Find
- Microfossils Reveal Warm Oceans Had Less Oxygen
- How Have Extintions Affected Current Populations?
- Extinct Kangaroo Family Didn't Like to Hop
- Ancient Evolution Echoed in Modern Crocodiles
- Ancient Figure-Eight Creatures: Distant Cousins
- Rare Inert Gas Isotopes For Water Dating
- Pathological Gambling and Opioid System in Brain
- How Myths About the Brain Hamper Teaching
- FDA, E-Cigarettes: Demise of Combusted Tobacco
- Can Religious Belief System Reduce Hostility?
- Risking Your Life Without a Second Thought
- Natural Gas Alone Won't Slow Climate Change
- 21-Day Quarantine Period for Ebola Too Short?
- Forest Composition: Don't Blame Climate Change?
- Hydraulic Fracturing Linked to Quakes in Ohio
- Nationality at Birth Affects Adult Vaccination
Gray Matter Matters When Measuring Risk Tolerance: May Explain Why Risk Tolerance Decreases With Age
There Could Be Increased Numbers of Psychopaths in Senior Managerial Positions, High Levels of Business, Research Shows
- Helping Outdoor Workers Reduce Skin Cancer Risk
- Eradicating Harmful Impacts from Manufacturing
- Dynamic Encryption Keeps Secrets
- What Makes a Song Sing? Backup Singers
- Job Loss Fears May Boost First-Time Asthma Risk
- Burnout Caused by More Than Just Job Stress
- Gray Matter Volume Predicts Risk Tolerance
- Half of Loss of Rainforests for Agriculture
- Working While Depressed: Health Benefits?
- Are There More Psychopaths in Senior Management?
- More Exercise Improves School Performance?
- Trying to Fool a Kindergartner? Not So Fast
- Why Is Educational Achievement Heritable?
- Kids' Oral Skills: Predict Writing Difficulties
- How Curiosity Changes Brain to Enhance Learning
- After-School Exercise Program Enhances Cognition
- Secret to Raising Well Behaved Teens? Sleep
- Good at Learning Rules: Prone to False Memories?
- Fighting Parents Hurt Kids' Emotional Regulation
- Brain Scans Forecast Reading Difficulties