Today's Science News
Cells' Powerhouses Were Once Energy Parasites: Study Upends Current Theories of How Mitochondria Began
Inexplicable Signal from Unseen Universe Provides Tantalizing Clue About One of Astronomy's Greatest Secrets -- Dark Matter
- New Information About Sun's Atmosphere
- Cells' Mitochondria Were Once Energy Parasites
- Wobbling Saturn Moon: What Lies Beneath?
- 'Hidden Brain Signatures' in Vegetative State
- Probing the Past: Extremely Distant Galaxy
- Brain Surgery, by Robot, Through the Cheek
- New Way to Combat Excess Body Weight
- Mysterious Signal: Mystery of Dark Matter
- Huge Mountains Fed Early Life, Scientists Find
- Magnetic Mirrors Reflect Light in Uncanny Ways
- Mental Compass Relies On Geometric Relationships
- That Pregnant Feeling Makes a Fly Start Nesting
- Toads, Newts, Dying from Emerging Viruses
- Gut Microbes On Jet Lag Can Cause Obesity
- Stars' Cosmic Jets Formed by Magnetic Fields
More Science News
Subscribe for Free
News by Topic
- Elderly: Subliminal Messages Can Improve Function
- Charting the Fate of Chemicals Affecting Health
- Autism: Siblings Can Show Signs at 18 Months
- See-Through Electrodes for Studying Brain
- Antibiotic Content in Farm-Raised Fish Evaluated
- Kids Drinking Non-Cow's Milk: Often Low Vitamin D
- Sport in Old Age Can Stimulate Brain Fitness
- 'Eyecane' Aids Navigational Abilities for Blind
- Brain: Evidence for Internal 'Calorie Counter'
- Winning War Against Human Parainfluenza Virus
- Fairness Is in the Brain, Scientists Say
- Masculine Men, Feminine Women: Urban Habit?
- New Antidepressant: Pleasure-Seeking First
- Nanoparticles Improve Treatments for Alzheimer's?
- Cold Sores Increase Risk of Dementia
- Head Injury Causes Immune System to Attack Brain
- Aspirin Shown to Benefit Schizophrenia Treatment
- Fish Intake: Antidepressant Response Boost
- Panic Attacks Linked to Fear of Bright Daylight
- IBS: Males Report More Social Stress Than Females
- Baby's Health Begins Before Pregnancy
- Medication Frequently Given Incorrectly to Kids
- Birth Season Affects Your Mood in Later Life
- Vitamin D and Brain Function After Cardiac Arrest
- Smoking In Pregnancy Alters Newborn DNA: Study
- Action Video Games Bolster Sensorimotor Skills?
- People Trust Trivial Graphs and Formulas
- Physicists Warn 'Nail Beauty Fanatics'
- Big Benefits for Students Who Attend Live Theater
- Male, Female Brains Respond Differently to Fat
- Starfish-Like Shells for 3-D-Printing Pills
- Wild Molecular Interactions in Hydrogen Mixture
- Scientists Create Possible Precursor to Life
- Reversible Laser Tractor Beam Developed
- 1980s Aircraft Helps Quantum Tech Take Flight
- Goldilocks Principle Wrong for Particle Assembly
- Electric Charge Propagates in Microbial Nanowires
- Crystallizing the DNA Nanotechnology Dream
- Major Breakthrough Could Help Detoxify Pollutants
- Superconducting Circuits, Simplified
Journey to the Center of the Earth: Geochemist Uses Helium and Lead Isotopes to Gain Insight Into Makeup of Planet’s Deep Interior
- Venusian Mystery: Heavy Metal Frost
- Mars Odyssey Orbiter Watches Comet Fly Near
- MAVEN Studies Passing Comet and Its Effects
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Studies Comet Flyby
- Explosion: Hydrogen-Deficient Supernova ...
- Tiny 'Nanoflares' Might Heat Sun's Corona
- Insight Into Makeup of Earth’s Deep Interior
- Super-Earths: Using Hubble to Study Exoplanet
- Milky Way Ransacks Nearby Dwarf Galaxies
- Kuiper Belt Targets for Pluto Mission
Smartphone Approach for Examining Progression of Diabetic Eye Disease Offers Comparable Results to Traditional Method
- 3D Printed Facial Prosthesis: Hope for Eye Cancer
- Smartphones to Examine Diabetic Eye Disease
- iPhones Capture Tough Ocular Images
- Breakthrough Will Help Design Future Antibiotics
- Tailored 'Activity Coaching' by Smartphone
- Tumor Switches from Dormant to Malignant: Why?
- Dispelling Misconception About Mg-Ion Batteries
- Digital Archaeology Changes Past Exploration
- Weather History 'Time Machine' Created
- Future Computers Built from Magnetic 'Tornadoes'
- Secrets of Dinosaur Ecology Found in Fragile ...
- Semi-Arid Ecosystems Resistant to Climate Change?
- Fish Just Wanna Have Fun
- Oxygen Supply to Bottom of North Sea: How?
- Origins of Sex Discovered
- Blind Cave Fish: Insight On Human Health Issues?
- Later Supper for Blackbirds in the City
- Pediatrics: Fresh Milk Keeps Infections at Bay?
- Structure of an Iron-Transport Protein Revealed
- New Molecule from Herb: Drug Development?
- Huge Tsunamis Have Hit Hawaii in Past
- What Spurs Earthquakes in the Oceans?
- Climate Change: Electricity Access Has Low Impact
- Asbestos Likely More Widespread Than Thought
- Decline of UK Migratory Birds Wintering in Africa
- Australian Volcanic Mystery Explained
- Climate Change Alters Cast of Winter Birds
- Marsh Harrier Distribution in Europe
- Plastic Nanoparticles Harm Freshwater Organisms
- Big Predator Loss: Impact On Herbivores, Plants
Canary for Climate Change: How Past Extinctions Have Influenced Modern Distribution, Population Size of Existing Species
Ancient Fossils of Bizarre Figure-Eight Water Creatures Confirmed Among Our Strangest Distant Cousins
- Roman Gladiators: Vegetarians That Drank Ashes
- No Signs of Spinal Arthritis in Egyptian Mummies
- Cellular Self-Destruction Throughout Evolution
- Microfossils Reveal Warm Oceans Had Less Oxygen
- How Have Extintions Affected Current Populations?
- Extinct Kangaroo Family Didn't Like to Hop
- Ancient Evolution Echoed in Modern Crocodiles
- Ancient Figure-Eight Creatures: Distant Cousins
- Rare Inert Gas Isotopes For Water Dating
- How Do Species Adapt to Changing Environment?
Pathological Gambling Is Associated With Altered Opioid System in the Brain: Reduced Feeling of Euphoria When Compared to Healthy Volunteers
- Pathological Gambling and Opioid System in Brain
- Geneticists Review Cost-Effective Genome Analysis
- How Myths About the Brain Hamper Teaching
- FDA, E-Cigarettes: Demise of Combusted Tobacco
- Can Religious Belief System Reduce Hostility?
- Risking Your Life Without a Second Thought
- Natural Gas Alone Won't Slow Climate Change
- 21-Day Quarantine Period for Ebola Too Short?
- Forest Composition: Don't Blame Climate Change?
- Hydraulic Fracturing Linked to Quakes in Ohio
Gray Matter Matters When Measuring Risk Tolerance: May Explain Why Risk Tolerance Decreases With Age
There Could Be Increased Numbers of Psychopaths in Senior Managerial Positions, High Levels of Business, Research Shows
- Helping Outdoor Workers Reduce Skin Cancer Risk
- Eradicating Harmful Impacts from Manufacturing
- Dynamic Encryption Keeps Secrets
- What Makes a Song Sing? Backup Singers
- Job Loss Fears May Boost First-Time Asthma Risk
- Burnout Caused by More Than Just Job Stress
- Gray Matter Volume Predicts Risk Tolerance
- Half of Loss of Rainforests for Agriculture
- Working While Depressed: Health Benefits?
- Are There More Psychopaths in Senior Management?
- More Exercise Improves School Performance?
- Trying to Fool a Kindergartner? Not So Fast
- Why Is Educational Achievement Heritable?
- Kids' Oral Skills: Predict Writing Difficulties
- How Curiosity Changes Brain to Enhance Learning
- After-School Exercise Program Enhances Cognition
- Secret to Raising Well Behaved Teens? Sleep
- Good at Learning Rules: Prone to False Memories?
- Fighting Parents Hurt Kids' Emotional Regulation
- Brain Scans Forecast Reading Difficulties