Today's Science News
Forbidden Atomic Transitions: Controlling Matter 1,000 Times More Precisely Using High-Resolution Spectroscopy
Peanut Consumption Associated With Decreased Total Mortality and Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- Handshakes to Smell You Now, Smell You Later
- Photo of Light as a Particle and a Wave
- Genetically Speaking, Mammals More Like Dad
- Old-Looking Galaxy in a Young Universe
- Bacteria at the Lower Size Limit of Life
- Clouds Around Exoplanets Analyzed
- Tropical Plants Pick Best Pollinators
- BPA Exposure: Autism Spectrum Disorder Link?
- Neural Code for Learning, Memory: Key Clue
- Where the Brain Begins Processing Visual Info
- Brain's GPS Never Stops Working, Even In Sleep
- Controlling Matter 1,000 Times More Precisely
- Breakthrough in Organic OLED Technology
- Eat Peanuts for a Longer Life?
- Stars Found Far from Galaxy Center
More Science News
Subscribe for Free
News by Topic
- Adults Only Really Catch Flu About Twice a Decade
- Bans Don't Help Smokers Quit, Researchers Say
- Poor Heart Function: Major Risk for Alzheimer's?
- Divorce Fuels Kids' Sugary Beverage Consumption
- Colon Cancer Risk for New of Weight-Loss Drugs?
- High-Salt Diet Protects from Invading Microbes?
- Marijuana: The Allergen You Never Knew Existed
- Pregnant? Try to Avoid Antibiotics
- Questioned: Sedatives Before General Anesthesia
- Parents: Serious Risks of Peanuts for Some Babies
Educating College Students on Drinking Risks Can Help Lessen Drinking Behaviors, but Only Temporarily, Study Finds
Family Based Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Depressed Preadolescents Is More Effective Than Child-Centered Therapy
- Unemployed: Stress Markers Tied to Poor Health
- Vaccine Skeptics Aren't Swayed by Scare Tactics
- Alzheimer's: Say No to Behavior-Calming Drugs
- Educating College Students On Drinking Risks
- Losing a Spouse Too Hastily Linked to Depression?
- Depressed Preadolescents: Effective Therapies
- Aging: Defect Responsible for Memory Impairment
- Early Detection of Bipolar Disorders in Kids
- How an FDA-Approved Drug Boosts Myelin Synthesis
- Is Dress White and Gold or Blue and Black?
Pediatricians Face Increasing Pressure to Delay Vaccinations, and More Are Giving in to Parents' Requests
- When I'm 64 -- I'll Still Have Hot Flashes?
- Growth Screening to Help Detect Celiac Disease?
- Safety of Adolescent Bariatric Surgery
- Older Women: Lycopene May Ward Off Kidney Cancer
- Mutation May Cause Early Loss of Sperm Supply
- Niitrate Supplements Increase Performance?
- Finding Teens At-Risk for Synthetic Marijuana Use
- Filter Cuts Air Pollution Inside School Buses
- Physicians Postponing Vaccines When Parents ...
- Promoting Sharing in Kids Who Lack Sympathy
- How Mosquitoes Walk On Water: Better Boats?
- Step Change for Screening Could Boost Biofuels
- London Not as 'Smart' as Global Counterparts
- News Rules of Friction at Microscopic Level
- Networks of Micro-Drones: What For?
- Precancerous Breast Changes With BRCA Gene
- New Data On the Nature of Dark Matter
- Graphene: Electrons Moving Along Defined Paths
- Particle Control: Special Half-Vortex Rotation
- The Taming of Magnetic Vortices
- Iron Vapor and Formation of Earth and Moon
- Spacecraft Nears Historic Dwarf Planet Arrival
- Assessing Lake's Water Quality from Space
- Life 'Not as We Know It' Possible On Titan
- Watching Alloys Change from Liquid to Solid
- Space Cowboy Successfully Deploys Its 'Lasso'
- New Insight Found in Black Hole Collisions
- Looking Deeply Into the Universe in 3-D
- Pockets of Calm Around Supermassive Black Hole
- Monster Black Hole Discovered at Cosmic Dawn
- Laws That Govern Matter to Model Chimp Behavior?
- Perfect NCAA Bracket? Near Impossible
- Important Step Towards Quantum Computing
- Scientists Trick the Light Fantastic
- 3-D Printing Offers New Way to Deliver Medication
- Computer-Controlled Camera On Robotic Ankle
- Predicting Human Crowds With Statistical Physics
- Zombies? Statistics Reveals Ideal Hideout
- QR Codes With Photon Encryption for Security
- Quantum Radar to Detect 'Invisible' Objects
- Severe Weather Impact Found in Feathers of Birds
- 3-D Printed Lab Equipment Cuts Costs
- Plants Detect Bacterial Endotoxin Like Mammals Do
- How a Mineral in Shells and Corals Forms
- Crops: Spurring Production of a Sluggish Enzyme
- Private Lives of 'Hoff' Crabs Revealed
- Gorilla Origins of Last Two AIDS Virus Lineages
- Methane Oxidation from Algal Oxygen Production
- Giant Virus Revealed in 3-D Using X-Ray Laser
- Disease-Carrying Fleas Abound On NYC's Rats
- Surprise Findings from San Andreas Fault Rocks
- Family Records Aid Climate Change Study
- Munching Bugs Thwart Trees, Reducing Carbon Sink
- Polymer Blend to Better Harness Solar Power
- Gut Microbiome of Queen Bees Does Not Change
- Surviving Long Intense Winter Nights in Norway
- High Temp Tolerance in Plants
- Where Emperor Penguins Survived Last Ice Age
- Introverts Prefer Mountains
- Early Triassic Swimmers: Tracks Well Preserved
When Age Matters: Precise Dating of Ancient Charcoal Found Near Skull Is Helping Reveal Unique Period in Prehistory
Archaeologists Open Mysterious Lead Coffin Found Buried Just Feet from the Former Grave of King Richard III
Crocodiles Rocked Pre-Amazonian Peru: Seven Crocodile Species Found in Single 13-Million-Year-Old Bone Bed
- Skull Dating Reveals Human-Neanderthal Period
- Archaeologists Open Mysterious Lead Coffin
- DNA: Old Connections Between Britain, Europe
- Mantis Shrimp: Many Shapes Of Tiny Power-Punch
- Crocodiles Rocked Pre-Amazonian Peru
- Climate-Change: Turtles of Tropical Wyoming
- Kenyan Fossils Show Evolution of Hippos
- Asian Tree Rings Explain Old Plague Outbreaks
- Sea Urchins, Sand Dollars Thrived With Time
- Ancient and Modern Cities Aren't So Different
- Cancer Care: US Spends More, Saves Fewer Lives
- High School Students: Teen Dating Violence Survey
- Sub-Saharan Cancer Data Questioned
- Suicide Rates Rising for Older US Adults
- Stem Cell Underuse? Million Transplants Worldwide
- Women Vets: Problems When Referred for Heart Test
- Adults Wtih Disabilities Screened for Cancer Less
- Global Sustainability Challenges: Economic Models
- Opt for Flexibility in Environmental Policies?
- Assessing Ocean Energy Development
Leader of the Pack: Study of Voles and Owls Show Rise of Individuals With Greatest Influence on Collective Group Behavior
- Amphetamine Gets the Job Done
- Unemployment Can Change Your Personality
- Leader of the Pack?
- How Income Fraud Made Housing Bubble Worse
- Men, Shopping: Fertile Women Seek Variety
- Workplace Bullying a Vicious Circle
- Scarcity Makes Us More Economically Rational
- An Internet of Things Reality Check
- Increasing Individualism; More White-Collar Jobs
- Growth Potential of New Firms Predicted
- Teachers Become Healthier When They Learn
- Teacher Prejudices Put Girls Off Math, Science
- Understanding Faith to Better Teach Evolution?
- Education 'Experts' May Lack Expertise
- Delaying Kindergarten Linked to Lower Scores
- Teens Increasingly Sleep Deprived
- Learning With All the Senses Makes Sense
- Public, Scientists: Strikingly Different Views
- Can Synesthesia Be Taught?
- Learning to Read: Phonics Are Important