Today's Science News
Electric Current to Brain Boosts Memory: May Help Treat Memory Disorders from Stroke, Alzheimer's, Brain Injury
- Boosting Memory With Electric Current to Brain
- Home Is Where the Microbes Are
- 'Sailing Stones' of Death Valley Explained
- Revolutionary Imaging With Quantum Physics
- Comet Collision Left Nanodiamonds Across Earth?
- Spitzer Telescope Witnesses Asteroid Smashup
- How the Zebrafish Gets Its Stripes
- Controversy Over Distance to Pleiades Settled
- Genetic Insights Into 2014 Ebola Outbreak
- Prehistoric Peoples: New World Arctic DNA Study
- Genetics: How Wild Rabbits Were Tamed
- Oldest Representative of a Weird Arthropod
- Engineered Cartilage Regenerates Joints
- Inside Teenage Brain: Explaining Risky Behavior
- Junk Food Makes Rats Lose Appetite for Good Diet
More Science News
Subscribe for Free
News by Topic
Small Molecule Acts as on-Off Switch for Nature's Antibiotic Factory: Tells Streptomyces to Either Veg out or Get Busy
Readers With Dyslexia Have Disrupted Network Connections in the Brain, Map the Circuitry of Dyslexia Shows
Three-Quarters of Depressed Cancer Patients Do Not Receive Treatment for Depression; New Approach Could Transform Care
- Second-Hand E-Cig Smoke Vs Cigarette Smoke
- How Rabies Virus Hijacks Nerve Cell Transport
- On-Off Switch for Nature's Antibiotic Factory
- Rampant Bacterial Growth On Certain Toothbrushes
- Synthesis Produces New Fungus-Derived Antibiotic
- Asthma Sufferers: Indoor Mold Poses Health Risk
- Readers With Dyslexia: Brain Activity Disrupted
- Many Depressed Cancer Patients Don't Get Care
- Studying Brain Activation in MS Using fNIRS
- Malaria Symptoms Fade: Loss of Immune Cells
Neuroscientists Reverse Memories' Emotional Associations: Brain Circuit That Links Feelings to Memories Manipulated
- The Universal Anger Face
- Neuroscientists See Imagination in the Brain
- Social Class Affects How Kids Tackle Problems
- Stop and Listen: How Movement Affects Hearing
- Self-Deceived Individuals Deceive Others Better
- Early Stone-Tipped Spears: Major Innovation
- Xenon Exposure Shown to Erase Traumatic Memories
- Alcohol-Dependence Gene, Neurotransmitter: Link
- Marijuana Compound: Treatment for Alzheimer's?
- Memories' Emotional Associations Reversed
Ever Growing Number of Women With Gestational Diabetes Suggests Future Will Be Filled With Children With Early Diabetes
- Lifetime of Fitness: Fountain of Youth?
- Parents, Listen Next Time Your Baby Babbles
- How to Prevent Organic Food Fraud
- Fighting Prostate Cancer With Tomato-Rich Diet
- Gamblers Are Greedy Bird-Brains, Study Finds
- Is Estrogen Linked to Binge Eating in Females?
- Less Domestic Violence In Couples Who Smoke Pot
- Prenatal Antidepressant Exposure, Autism: Link?
- Gestational Diabetes Trends: Kids With Diabetes?
- Gluten-Free Ingredient Causes Allergic Reaction?
- Materials: Cubic Cluster Chills Out
- Why Some Liquids Are 'Fragile,' Others 'Strong'
- 'Butterfly' Molecule for Photoenergy Conversion
- Ancient Conversation: Plants, Fungi, Bacteria
- Recycled Tires: New Life in Batteries?
- Breaking Benzene at Relatively Mild Temperatures
- Neutrinos Detected in Heart of the Sun
- App Can Detect Newborn Jaundice in Minutes
- Beyond Silicon: Next Generation Electronic Device
- Stopping Non-Essential Use of Fluorochemicals
- Unique Meteorite Shows Mars' Climate History
- First Ever Sighting of Galaxy Core Formation
- Pebbles May Jump-Start Planet Formation
- Measurement at Big Bang Conditions: Lithium?
- What Lit Up the Universe?
- Best View of Merging Galaxies in Distant Universe
- Experiment: Do We Live in a 2-D Hologram?
- ZigBee-Based Inter-Satellite Comms System
- Voyager Map: Neptune's Strange Moon Triton
- Spectacular Supernova's Mysteries Revealed
- Finding Tiny Strains in Tissues Before Injuries
- Laser-Like Light Emission: Optical Resonators
- Laser Pulse Turns Glass Into a Metal
- Eye Implant: Better Glaucoma Treatments?
- Wii Balance Board Induces Changes in MS Brains
- Razor-Sharp TV Images With 4K Definition
- New Method to Let Computers Know You Are Human
- Combining Math and Music: New Possibilities
- Toddlers: Intuitive Understanding of Probability
- Predictability: Ultracold Atomic Reactions
Shared Biology in Human, Fly and Worm Genomes: Powerful Commonalities in Biological Activity, Regulation
- Flapping Baby Birds Show Origin of Flight
- Marine Protected Areas Must Be Expanded: Study
- Study Shows Right and Wrong Places for Roads
- Water 'Thermostat' for Drought-Resistant Crops
- Cheetah Menu: Wildlife Instead of Cattle
- Bronze Age Wine Cellar Discovered
- Contagious Yawning in Sociable Wolves
- Dosage of HIV Drug May Be Ineffective for Blacks
- More Wolf Spiders Feasting On American Toads
- Shared Ancestry: Human, Fly and Worm Genomes
Everest Expedition Provides First Evidence of Effects of Altitude on Blood Pressure Monitored Over a 24-Hour Period
- Global Warming: Big Snowstorms in N. Hemisphere
- Walking Fish Show How Ancestors Evolved
- Yellowstone Eruption: Ash Across North America
- Southwest U.S.: 'Megadrought' This Century?
- New Report On Derelict Fishing Traps in U.S.
- Pacific Plate Shrinking as It Cools
- Soil Microbes: Help With Greenhouse Gases?
- How Insect Pest May Respond to Climate Change
- Potential Influences On Recent UK Winter Floods
- Everest: Effects of Altitude On Blood Pressure
Taung Child's Brain Development Not Human-Like? CT Scan Casts Doubt on Similarity to That of Modern Humans
- Ancient Metal Workers Held High Status
- Similar 'Toolkits' Shape Flies and Humans
- Possible Dinosaur Nest and Young 'Babysitter'
- The Evolutionary Roots of Human Altruism
- Earliest Fossil Evidence: Animals With Muscles
- Can 14th Century Venice Teach Us About Ebola?
- Taung Child: Brain Development Not Human-Like?
- How Tropical Glaciers Respond to Cooling Periods
- Simply Complex: The Origin of Our Body Axes
- Fossil Arthropod Went On the Hunt for Its Prey
- Cultural Diversity: Brain Injury Research Impact
- Group Identity Touted More by Marginal Members
- Marching in Unison and Risk of Excessive Force
- Coal's Continued Dominance and Climate Change
- Young Driver's Gender Tied to Crash Type, Injury
- Trash Burning Worldwide Worsens Air Pollution
- Elite Sprinters Deliver Forceful Punch to Ground
- Medical Marijuana: Fewer Opioid-Related Deaths
- Fortified Condiments, Seasoning for Nutrition
- Cutting Emissions Pays for Itself, Study Shows
- Feeling Bad at Work Can Be a Good Thing?
- Sleepy College Students Stressed by Jobs
- Great Recession's Health Effects Hard to Find
- Parenting and Certain Jobs a Source of Stress
- Shift Workers: Drugs Don't Aid Sleep, Alterness?
- Steep Coastal Costs of China's GDP Growth
- How Local 'Shocks' Influence U.S. Economy
- Greener Power for Off–Grid Homes and Businesses
- Cell Phone Kill Switch Could Save Billions
- Google Searches: Key to Future Market Crashes?
- Why ADHD Kids Sometimes Make Poor Decisions
- What Children's Drawings Say About Intelligence
- How Children's Brains Memorize Math Facts
- Expecting to Teach Enhances Learning, Recall
- Musical Training Boosts Academic Achievement?
- How Young Readers Make Sense of Words
- A Little Video-Game Playing Is Good for Kids?
- Removing Vending from Schools Can Backfire
- No Higher Risk of Math Problems in Preterm Kids
- Numerical Learning Disability Linked to Reading