Today's Science News
Cells' Powerhouses Were Once Energy Parasites: Study Upends Current Theories of How Mitochondria Began
Inexplicable Signal from Unseen Universe Provides Tantalizing Clue About One of Astronomy's Greatest Secrets -- Dark Matter
- New Information About Sun's Atmosphere
- Cells' Mitochondria Were Once Energy Parasites
- Wobbling Saturn Moon: What Lies Beneath?
- 'Hidden Brain Signatures' in Vegetative State
- Probing the Past: Extremely Distant Galaxy
- Brain Surgery, by Robot, Through the Cheek
- New Way to Combat Excess Body Weight
- Mysterious Signal: Mystery of Dark Matter
- Huge Mountains Fed Early Life, Scientists Find
- Magnetic Mirrors Reflect Light in Uncanny Ways
- Mental Compass Relies On Geometric Relationships
- That Pregnant Feeling Makes a Fly Start Nesting
- Toads, Newts, Dying from Emerging Viruses
- Gut Microbes On Jet Lag Can Cause Obesity
- Stars' Cosmic Jets Formed by Magnetic Fields
More Science News
Subscribe for Free
News by Topic
Research Reveals Likelihood, Onset of Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis Among Patients With Inflammatory Eye Disease
- Lab-Developed Organoids Form Human Tissue in Mice
- Major Breakthrough Could Help Detoxify Pollutants
- Eldery: Mutations Tied to Leukemia Common
- Blood-Producing Cells: Mega Cells Control Growth
- Inflammatory Eye Disease, MS: Link
- Did Autism Evolve Recently in Human History?
- Women Develop Most Anxiety After Heart Attack
- Mutation Associated With Cleft Palate Identified
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Kids' Genes, Mothers' Risk
- Asbestos Likely More Widespread Than Thought
- Vitamin D and Brain Function After Cardiac Arrest
- Action Video Games Bolster Sensorimotor Skills?
- Sharp Vision? How the Brain Is Tricking You
- 'Red Effect' Sparks Interest in Female Monkeys
- Enzyme May Worsen Effects of Spinal Cord Injury
- Big Benefits for Students Who Attend Live Theater
- Myelin Vital for Learning New Practical Skills
- New Front in War On Alzheimer's, Brain Diseases
- How Myths About the Brain Hamper Teaching
- Are Male Brains Wired to Ignore Food for Sex?
- Smoking In Pregnancy Alters Newborn DNA: Study
- People Trust Trivial Graphs and Formulas
- Physicists Warn 'Nail Beauty Fanatics'
- Male, Female Brains Respond Differently to Fat
- Oh, Brother! Having Sibling Makes Boys Selfless
- Pre-Eclampsia May Be Caused by the Fetus
- Weight: Doesn't Matter How Fast You Lose It
- Can Religious Belief System Reduce Hostility?
- Leisure Time Physical Activity: Less Depression
- Polyunsaturated Oil Healthier Option, Study Shows
- Electric Charge Propagates in Microbial Nanowires
- Crystallizing the DNA Nanotechnology Dream
- Superconducting Circuits, Simplified
- Shattering Mystery of How Glass Deforms
- Plastic Nanoparticles Harm Freshwater Organisms
- Protons Hog the Momentum in Neutron-Rich Nuclei
- Winning in Laser Performance by Losing
- Dispelling Misconception About Mg-Ion Batteries
- Impact of Offshore Wind Farms On Marine Species
- Bending Light and Searching for New Particles
Journey to the Center of the Earth: Geochemist Uses Helium and Lead Isotopes to Gain Insight Into Makeup of Planet’s Deep Interior
Rediscovering Venus to Find Faraway Earths: Measuring Gravitational Pull of a Planet Should Speed Search
- Explosion: Hydrogen-Deficient Supernova ...
- Tiny 'Nanoflares' Might Heat Sun's Corona
- Insight Into Makeup of Earth’s Deep Interior
- Super-Earths: Using Hubble to Study Exoplanet
- Milky Way Ransacks Nearby Dwarf Galaxies
- Kuiper Belt Targets for Pluto Mission
- Astronomers Spot Faraway Uranus-Like Planet
- Construction Secrets of a Galactic Metropolis
- Technical Feasibility of Proposed 'Mars One'
- Rediscovering Venus to Find Faraway Earths
Smartphone Approach for Examining Progression of Diabetic Eye Disease Offers Comparable Results to Traditional Method
- Smartphones to Examine Diabetic Eye Disease
- iPhones Capture Tough Ocular Images
- Breakthrough Will Help Design Future Antibiotics
- Tailored 'Activity Coaching' by Smartphone
- Tumor Switches from Dormant to Malignant: Why?
- Digital Archaeology Changes Past Exploration
- Weather History 'Time Machine' Created
- Future Computers Built from Magnetic 'Tornadoes'
- Can We Teach Robots Right from Wrong?
- Monitoring Heart Failure With Tiny Implant
- Decline of UK Migratory Birds Wintering in Africa
- Climate Change Alters Cast of Winter Birds
- Marsh Harrier Distribution in Europe
- Cystic Fibrosis Lung Infection: Bacterial Growth
- Geneticists Review Cost-Effective Genome Analysis
- Cellular Self-Destruction Throughout Evolution
- How a Molecular Superman Protects Genome
- Sugared Soda Consumption, Cell Aging Linked
- Understanding Potassium Channels: Paradigm Shift
- Big Predator Loss: Impact On Herbivores, Plants
Canary for Climate Change: How Past Extinctions Have Influenced Modern Distribution, Population Size of Existing Species
- Climate Change: Electricity Access Has Low Impact
- Australian Volcanic Mystery Explained
- Mysterious Midcontinent Rift: Geological Hybrid
- Rivers Flow Differently Over Gravel Beds
- Turning Humble Seaweed Into Biofuel
- Plant Communities: More Yield Than Monocultures
- Informative Visit to the Toilet, for Lemurs
- Microfossils Reveal Warm Oceans Had Less Oxygen
- How Have Extintions Affected Current Populations?
- Sleeper Sharks Preying On Protected Sea Lions?
Ancient Fossils of Bizarre Figure-Eight Water Creatures Confirmed Among Our Strangest Distant Cousins
- Extinct Kangaroo Family Didn't Like to Hop
- Ancient Evolution Echoed in Modern Crocodiles
- Ancient Figure-Eight Creatures: Distant Cousins
- Rare Inert Gas Isotopes For Water Dating
- How Do Species Adapt to Changing Environment?
- Past Ice Melt Linked to Varying Carbon Dioxide
- Earliest-Known Lamprey Larva Fossils Unearthed
- Bronze Remains of Iron Age Chariot in UK
- Fossilized Bird Egg: Clues to Brazil’s Past
- Icebergs Drifted to Florida, Climate Model Says
- FDA, E-Cigarettes: Demise of Combusted Tobacco
- Risking Your Life Without a Second Thought
- Natural Gas Alone Won't Slow Climate Change
- 21-Day Quarantine Period for Ebola Too Short?
- Forest Composition: Don't Blame Climate Change?
- Hydraulic Fracturing Linked to Quakes in Ohio
- Nationality at Birth Affects Adult Vaccination
- Energy Drinks May Pose Danger to Public Health
- Helping Outdoor Workers Reduce Skin Cancer Risk
- Rats of New York and the Diseases They Carry
Gray Matter Matters When Measuring Risk Tolerance: May Explain Why Risk Tolerance Decreases With Age
There Could Be Increased Numbers of Psychopaths in Senior Managerial Positions, High Levels of Business, Research Shows
- Eradicating Harmful Impacts from Manufacturing
- Dynamic Encryption Keeps Secrets
- What Makes a Song Sing? Backup Singers
- Job Loss Fears May Boost First-Time Asthma Risk
- Burnout Caused by More Than Just Job Stress
- Gray Matter Volume Predicts Risk Tolerance
- Half of Loss of Rainforests for Agriculture
- Working While Depressed: Health Benefits?
- Are There More Psychopaths in Senior Management?
- Self-Deceived Individuals Deceive Others Better
- More Exercise Improves School Performance?
- Trying to Fool a Kindergartner? Not So Fast
- Why Is Educational Achievement Heritable?
- Kids' Oral Skills: Predict Writing Difficulties
- How Curiosity Changes Brain to Enhance Learning
- After-School Exercise Program Enhances Cognition
- Secret to Raising Well Behaved Teens? Sleep
- Good at Learning Rules: Prone to False Memories?
- Fighting Parents Hurt Kids' Emotional Regulation
- Brain Scans Forecast Reading Difficulties