Today's Science News
When You Lose Weight, Where Does the Fat Go? Most of the Mass Is Breathed out as Carbon Dioxide, Study Shows
- First Detection of Organic Matter On Mars
- When You Lose Weight, Where Does the Fat Go?
- How Whales May 'Sing' for Their Supper
- Voyager: 'Tsunami Wave' Through Space Goes On
- Reshaping the Horse Through Millennia
- Unraveling the Light of Fireflies
- Abundance of Microplastics in World's Deep Seas
- Thumbs-Up for Mind-Controlled Robotic Arm
- Big-Data Analysis Reveals Gene Sharing in Mice
- Data Underscore Severity of California Drought
- Recurring Meteor Shower on Mercury?
- DNA Sheds Light On Why Largest Lemurs Died Out
- How Brain Can Distinguish Good from Bad Smells
- Feeling Young? Lower Early Death Rate
- Wolves Discriminate Quantities Better Than Dogs
More Science News
Subscribe for Free
News by Topic
- Mutations Prevent Programmed Cell Death
- Expectant Fathers Have Prenatal Hormone Changes
- Computers, Human Genome and Ebola: New Clues
- High-Dose Flu Vaccine Superior for Frail Elderly
- Fine Particulate Pollution: Higher Autism Risk?
- Early Childhood Shyness Predicts Teen Anxiety
- Preterm Birth: Important Memory Function Affected
- Food-Allergic Kids: Moms Need Dietician's Support
- Wild Blueberries Help Tackle Effects of Bad Diet?
- Protection of Mouse Gut Depends On Microbes
- Early Caregiving: Effects Into Adulthood
- Why Are UK Teenagers Skipping School?
- How Does Prostate Cancer Form? Parkinson's Link?
- Certainty in Our Choices Often a Matter of Time
- Unpacking Brain Damage in ALS
- Two Knock-Out Punches to Glioblastoma Cells
- Hugs Help Protect Against Stress, Infection
- Women Are More Empathetic Toward Their Partner
- Personality Outsmarts Intelligence at School
- Firearm Violence Trends in the 21st Century
Kids' Cartoon Characters Twice as Likely to Die as Counterparts in Films for Adults: Content on a Par With 'Rampant Horrors' of Popular Films
- Vaccination: Why Do Parents Hesitate or Refuse?
- Life Expectancy Increases Globally
- Weigh-In Once a Week or You'll Gain Weight
- Calls to Poison Centers: Common, Emerging Threats
- Heat Boosts Phthalates from Crib Mattress Covers
- Youth Get Too Much Caffeine from Energy Drinks
- Kids' Cartoon Characters Twice as Likey to Die
- How Information Moves Between Cultures
- Problem With Using Material Goods to Control Kids
- Giving More Weight to Progress Than Setbacks?
Scientists Open New Frontier of Vast Chemical 'Space': As Proof-of-Principle, the Team Makes Dozens of New Chemical Entities
- Getting Bot Responders Into Shape
- Electron Spin: High-Temperature Superconductivity
- Removing Extreme Gas Charges from Deep Waters
- Ultrafast Imaging of Complex Systems in 3-D
- Switching to Spintronics
- Lens-Free Microscope Detects Cancer at Cell Level
- Biomass 'Waste' Turned Into Valuable Chemicals
- Microscopy Pencils Patterns in Polymers
- New Frontier of Vast Chemical 'Space'
- Researchers' Recipe: Cook Farm Waste Into Energy
- Satellite Sees Holiday Lights Brighten Cities
- Groups of Stars Evolve Differently Than Thought
- 'Perfect Storm' Quenching Star Formation
- The Hot Blue Stars of Messier 47
- Modeling Big Bang and Quark Gluon Plasma
- Higgs Boson: Piece of Matter-Antimatter Puzzle?
- What Caused Mars' Atmosphere Loss?
- Stretched-Out Solid Exoplanets
- Prospects of Understanding Dark Matter
- Measuring the Cosmos Using Real Data
Researchers Generate Tunable Photon-Pair Spectrum Using Room-Temperature Quantum Optics Silicon Chip
- Spiderwebs Inspire New Optoelectronics
- Ampute Controls Two Modular Prosthetic Limbs
- Novel Insights Into Pathogen Behavior
- Social Media, Behavioral Psychology: HIV Testing
- Are Video Gaming Systems a Safe Christmas ...
- Evolution: Complexity Key to Prosperity
- First Steps for Hector the Robot Stick Insect
- Tunable Photon-Pair Spectrum Generated
- 3-D Printing the 'Greenest' Christmas Tree
- VIrtual Bodyswapping Cuts Negative Biases
Clearing Tropical Rainforests Distorts Earth's Wind and Water Systems, Packs Climate Wallop Beyond Carbon
- Hearing Capabilities of Bushcrickets, Mammals
- Where's Your Belly? Surprise Sea Anemones Finding
- Protein Protecting Against Chlorine Discovered
- Deforestation Threatens Species in Streams
- Lynx Take Lunch Breaks
- What Would Happen If Rainforests Were Destroyed?
- Short-Necked Triassic Marine Reptile Discovered
- Ancient, Hydrogen-Rich Waters Deep Inside Earth
- National Model of Restoration: Nine Mile Run
- Mistletoe Could Fight Obesity-Related Liver ...
Ancient Earth May Have Made Its Own Water: Rock Circulating in Mantle Feeds World's Oceans Even Today, Evidence Suggests
- The Greenland Ice Sheet: Now in HD
- Sun's Energy Absorbed in Arctic: Measurement
- Colorado River Delta: Engineered Pulse of Water
- Extreme Weather Strongly Influences Wildfire
- Great Lakes Pollution: Land, Rivers Big Factors
- Asteroid Ended Dinosaurs: Mammals, Close Call
- Bugs Life: Nerve Cells Make Locusts ‘Gang Up'
- Did Ancient Earth 'Make' Its Own Water?
- Global CO2 Emissions: New All-Time Record
- Ice Age Thaw Signaled 1,000 Years Before
Discovery of Official Clay Seals Support Existence of Biblical Kings David and Solomon, Archaeologists Say
Back to Future With Roman Architectural Concrete: Advanced Light Source Reveals Key to Longevity of Imperial Roman Monuments
Past Global Warming Similar to Today's: Size, Duration Were Like Modern Climate Shift, but in Two Pulses
- Gothic Cathedrals Blend Iron and Stone
- Research Shows Jaws Didn't Kill His Cousin
- Commensal Bacteria Shaped Early Human Populations
- Clay Seals Tied to Biblical Kings David, Solomon
- Dental Plaque Shows Prehistoric Easter ...
- Key to Longevity of Imperial Roman Monuments
- Evidence of Viking/Norse Metalworking in Arctic
- Past Global Warming Similar to Today's
- The History of King David
- Hox Cluster Found in Crown of Thorns Starfish
- Are We Programmed to Make Bad Decisions?
- Ebola Virus Spreads in Social Clusters
- World Hunger: Returning Crops to Wild State?
- Political Extremists and Cognitive Bias
- Why Lifespans Vary More Among African-Americans
- People Trust Typical-Looking Faces Most
- Cost of Cloud Brightening for Cooler Planet
- Climate Policy Pledges Fall Short of 2°C
- Attitudes to Climate Change Depend On 'Belonging'
- Want to Distract Someone? Make a Face
- Introverts Can Shape Co-Workers' Career Success
- Fraud-Proof Credit Cards With Quantum Physics
- Many Workers Sacrificing Sleep for Work
- Internet Congestion and Net Neutrality Debate
- Wealth, Power at Heart of Many Mental Disorders
- Evaluating the Social Cost of Carbon
- Women: Occupational Sitting Linked to Obesity
- Virtual Money: User's Identity Easily Revealed
- Entrepreneurs Are Not Corporate Rebels
- Men: Job Authority Decreases Depression Symptoms
- Reporting On Genetics Can Mislead Public
- Cognitive Effects of Poverty Can Be Mitigated
- Distraction, If Consistent, Doesn't Harm Learning
- Ideals May Play Role in Knowledge Formation
- Heavier Newborns Show Academic Edge in School
- Mean Boys, Not Mean Girls, Rule at School
- Education Is Key to Climate Adaptation
- Elderly Brains Learn, but Maybe Too Much
- Experts Put Focus On School Breakfasts, Lunches
- Education: Empowering, but Risks of Overwork