Today's Science News
Firelight Talk of the Kalahari Bushmen: Did Tales Told Over Fires Aid Our Social and Cultural Evolution?
- Did Campfire Stories Help Human Culture Evolve?
- Windy Weather in Infant Solar System
- Immune System of Newborns Stronger Than Thought
- Photon Teleported to Crystal Over 25 Kilometers
- Newfound Dinosaur Had Huge Nose, but Why?
- Better Biofuels Microbes? Look to the Human Gut
- Flexible Electronics Based On Carbon Nanotubes
- Fukushima Disaster: Affected Food Harms Animals
- Termites: 30-Million-Year-Old Bioreactors
- Artificial Intelligence Imitates Kid's Learning
- Bioengineered Protein May Stop Cancer Metastasis
- Mown Grass Smell Is Plant's SOS Call for Help
- Dry Roasting Could Help Trigger Peanut Allergy
- On/Off Switch for Aging Cells Discovered
- Ultra-Thin Nanothreads from Micro-Diamonds
More Science News
Subscribe for Free
News by Topic
Clues to Superbug Evolution: Microbiologists Sequence Entire Genome of a Klebsiella Pneumoniae Strain
- Clues to Superbug Evolution: Genome Sequenced
- Gene Mutation Discovered in Blood Disorder
- Nanotubes Help Healing Hearts Keep the Beat
- Diabetes: Tiny Fluctuations in Blood Sugar
- Pneumonia: More Precise Diagnosis Method
- Protein Key to Halting Jumping Genomic Parasites
- Critically Ill Patients Face Gut Microbe Issues
- New DNA Sequencing Method to Diagnose TB
- Eating 'Five a Day' May Keep the Blues Away
- Autism: Early Language Delay Alters Brain
- Brain Wave to Detect What People Recognize
- Video Blinds Us to the Evidence, Study Finds
- ADHD: Few Kids Receive Both Psychotherapy, Meds
- Hemorrhagic Stroke: Statins May Improve Outcomes
- Beer Flavonoid Helps Young Animals Think
- Punitive Parenting: Mental Health Risks?
- Brainwave Test Could Improve Autism Diagnosis
- Blood Test May Help Determine Psychosis Risk
- Lack of Thyroid Hormone Impairs Hearing
- Food Memory: How We Remember Taste Experiences
Mothers of Children With Autism Less Likely to Have Taken Iron Supplements in Pregnancy, Study Shows
- Best Exercise for Obese Youths Analyzed
- Preemies: Breast Milk Transmits Cytomegalovirus
- Healthy Lifestyle May Reduce Heart Attack Risk
- Flu During Pregnancy Turns Up Immune Response
- Don’t Drink the (Warm) Water, Study Says
- Depression in Teens: Brief Intervention May Help
- Mothers of Kids With Autism Took Less Iron?
- Sibling Bullying: Later Depression, Self-Harm
- Vitamin E Supplements Don't Help Cataracts?
- Pupil Size Shows Reliability of Decisions
'Bendy' LEDs: Displays and Solar Cells With Inorganic Compound Semiconductor Micro-Rods One Step Closer
- 'Plasma Bubbles' a Factor in Afghan Battle?
- 'Bendy' LEDs: Displays and Solar Cells Closer
- Solar Explosions 'Inside' a Computer
- Magnetized Fusion Technique: 'Break-Even' Point?
- Scientists Grow a New Challenger to Graphene
- Computer Model: Greener, Leaner Aircraft Design
- Graphene: When a Doughnut Becomes an Apple
- Artificial Liver: Alcohol-Related Organ Failure
- Lego-Like 3-D Labs-On-A-Chip: Snap to Make
- Plant Variants for Improved Biofuel Production?
- Origin of Uranus and Neptune Elucidated
- MAVEN Enters Orbit Around Red Planet
- Hints of Gravitational Waves in the Stars
- SpaceX Spacecraft En Route to Space Station
- Anomaly in Satellite Flybys Confounds Scientists
- Shrink-Wrapped Spacesuits: A Sleek Second Skin
- New Territories in the Flux of Cosmic Rays
- Monster Galaxies Snack On Smaller Neighbors
- Miranda: An Icy Moon Deformed by Tidal Heating
- Pulse of a Dead Star Powers Intense Gamma Rays
Engineers Show Light Can Play Seesaw at the Nanoscale: Step Toward Faster and More Energy-Efficient Optical Devices
- Animal Stripe Patterns: Recreated by Engineers?
- Engineers Unlock Potential for Faster Computing
- Light Can Play Seesaw at the Nanoscale
- New Bracelet Strengthens Computer Security
- Robots Find Tagged Household Objects Easily
- Scientists Reconstruct 3-D from Single Image
- Fingertip Sensor Boosts Robot Dexterity
- Soft Robotics: Do-It-Yourself Toolkit
- Gesture Control of Smartphones
- Quick-Change Materials to Speed Up Computers
Battling Superbugs: Two New Technologies Could Enable Novel Strategies for Combating Drug-Resistant Bacteria
- Big Changes in Sargasso Sea's Seaweed
- Old Drug May Be Key to New Antibiotics
- Restoring Biodiversity: Fossils May Hold Answers
- Plant's Internal Clock Regulated by Temperature
- Antifreeze Proteins in Antarctic Fishes
- How Gene Expression Affects Facial Expressions
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis: Environment's Big Role
- Influenza A Can Enhance Pneumococcal Infection
- Underwater Glue Based On Mussel Proteins
- New Technologies for Combating Superbugs
Water-Quality Trading Can Reduce River Pollution: Market for Water Quality Credits Would Cut Pollution at Less Cost
- Water-Quality Trading Can Reduce River Pollution
- Mega-Storm Surge in Florida's Past
- Drilling Into an Active Earthquake Fault
- 2014 Arctic Sea Ice Sixth Lowest On Record
- Arctic Sea Ice Helps Remove CO<sub>2</sub> ...
- Dwindling Chances to Stay Below 2°C Warming
- Fracking's Environmental Impacts Scrutinized
- NASA Launches Wind Watcher to Space Station
- Dwindling Wind May Tip Predator-Prey Balance
- Environmental Pollutants Make for Cold Worms
New High-Resolution Satellite Image Analysis: 5 of 6 Syrian World Heritage Sites 'Exhibit Significant Damage'
New Branch Added to European Family Tree: Europeans Descended from at Least 3, Not 2, Groups of Ancient Humans
- New Insights On an Ancient Plague
- Syrian Heritage Sites: 'Significant Damage'
- Mysterious Volcanic Eruption of 1808 Described
- Skeletons Found Holding Hands After 700 Years
- New Branch Added to European Family Tree
- DNA Changes Behind Rapid Evolution, Adaptation
- Iberian Pig Genome: Unchanged After 500 Years
- King Richard III Died of Battle Wounds to Head
- Dinosaur-Killing Impact Helped Forests Bloom
- Climate Events in Earth's History
- Severely Injured Patients Undertriaged in U.S.?
- Possible 6,800 New Ebola Cases This Month: Study
- Seeding Plant Diversity for Future Generations
- Climate Change Report: The Most Vulnerable
- Obesity in Pacific Islands: Colonial Legacy
- Premature Deaths Down by 40% in Next 20 Years?
- Microplastics Found in St. Lawrence River
- World Population to Hit 11 Billion by 2100
- Did Human Fairness Evolve to Favor Cooperation?
- Nile River Monitoring Influences Africa's Future
Gray Matter Matters When Measuring Risk Tolerance: May Explain Why Risk Tolerance Decreases With Age
There Could Be Increased Numbers of Psychopaths in Senior Managerial Positions, High Levels of Business, Research Shows
- Burnout Caused by More Than Just Job Stress
- Gray Matter Volume Predicts Risk Tolerance
- Half of Loss of Rainforests for Agriculture
- Working While Depressed: Health Benefits?
- Are There More Psychopaths in Senior Management?
- Self-Deceived Individuals Deceive Others Better
- Feeling Bad at Work Can Be a Good Thing?
- Sleepy College Students Stressed by Jobs
- Great Recession's Health Effects Hard to Find
- Parenting and Certain Jobs a Source of Stress
Readers With Dyslexia Have Disrupted Network Connections in the Brain, Map the Circuitry of Dyslexia Shows
- Fighting Parents Hurt Kids' Emotional Regulation
- Brain Scans Forecast Reading Difficulties
- 3-D Printing of Rocks and Fossils
- Sometimes, Adolescents Just Can't Resist
- Boys: Physical Activity Tied to Better Academics
- Pregnant Binge Drinking Harms Baby's Academics
- Cellphone Addiction Harming Academic Performance?
- Readers With Dyslexia: Brain Activity Disrupted
- Social Class Affects How Kids Tackle Problems
- Combining Math and Music: New Possibilities