Today's Science News
Dolphins Are Attracted to Magnets: Add Dolphins to the List of Magnetosensitive Animals, French Researchers Say
Signature of Aging in Brain: Researchers Suggest That the Brain's 'Immunological Age' Is What Counts
- Pollution Linked to Lethal Sea Turtle Tumors
- Reptiles Can Learn Through Imitation: Study
- Unusual Death for Ancient Stars Revealed
- 'Cloaking' Device Uses Ordinary Lenses
- Human Genome Shaped by Arms Race With Itself
- New Material Steals Oxygen from the Air
- How to Make a 'Perfect' Solar Absorber
- Cassini: Mysterious Feature Evolve in Titan Sea
- Ancient Human Genome from Southern Africa
- Dolphins Are Attracted to Magnets, Study Finds
- New Battery Made of Seeds and Pine Resin
- Aging in Brain: 'Immunological Age' May Be Key
- Pneumonia Bacterium Leaves Tiny Lesions in Heart
- Prehistoric Predators Tangled Across Land, Sea
- Mimicking Brain Cells to Boost Memory Power
More Science News
Subscribe for Free
News by Topic
- Important Process for Immune System Development
- Gene Mutation May Lead to New Cancer Drugs
- Memory Loss Associated With Alzheimer's Reversed
- Depression Increasing Across the United States
- High-Speed Drug Screen Developed
- Predicting Who Will Suffer Most from Stress
- Medications Main Culprit of Allergic Deaths in US
- Hearts: Hybrid 'Patch' Could Replace Transplants
- Potential Biomarker to Detect SCID
- Synthetic Sperm Protein Improves IVF Success
Development Models Put to the Test: Low Birth Weight Children Are Particularly Vulnerable to Environmental Influences
- Teen Exposure to THC May Cause Immune Problems
- Diazepam: Bacteria Reduces Environmental Impact?
- For Men, Alcohol Makes Smiles More 'Contagious'
- New Learning Mechanism for Individual Nerve Cells
- Small Babies: Catching Up but Not Shooting Ahead
- Rewiring Brain's Circuitry to Treat Depression
- Risk of Unnecessary Antidepressant Prescriptions
- Brain Circuit: Neuron 'Hub' Orchestrates Activity
- Sleep Twitches Light Up the Brain
- Transplant Drug Ups Power of Brain Tumor Therapy?
- Clothes Stink? Antibacterial Material from Algae
- Asthma Symptoms Kicking Up? Could Be Pollution
- An Apple a Day Could Keep Obesity Away
- Childhood Asthma Linked to Gas Stove Use
- Healthy Fats Help Diseased Heart Muscle Use Fuel
- Use of Antibiotics Before 2 Linked to Obesity
- What Makes a Song Sing? Backup Singers
- Calling 911 Can Be Difference Between Life, Death
- Fatigued While Driving? Don't Reach for Music
- Who Are the Men, Boys Suffering From Anorexia?
- Blades of Grass Inspire Organic Solar Cells
- New Dimension for Integrated Circuits
- Novel Method for Making Electrical Cellulose ...
- Revisiting Stokes Drift: Waves of the Future
- Entanglement Made Tangible
- Fuel Cell-Powered Mobile Lights Ready for Use
- How Molecules Become Trapped in Ice
- Taking Thin Films to the Extreme
- Where Humans, Animals and Robots Meet
- Transparent Nanoscintillators to Detect Radiation
- Gravity? Small Satellite Collision Risk
- 'Cousin' Planets Found Orbiting Twin Stars
- Early Sun: Nitrogen Fingerprint in Biomolecules
- Glaciers in the Grand Canyon of Mars?
- New Molecule Found in Space Connotes Life Origins
- NASA Rover Drill: First Taste from Mars Mountain
- Turning the Moon Into a Cosmic Ray Detector
- Earth's Water Is Older Than Sun: Interstellar?
- A Young Galaxy in the Local Universe
- Metal-Poor Star Hints at the First Supernovae
Football-Size Robot Can Skim Discreetly Along a Ship's Hull to Seek Hollow Compartments Concealing Contraband
- Adding Uncertainty to Improve Math Models
- Sorting Genomes of Microbial Species
- Modeling Energy Use of Buildings
- Predicting Electric Power Outages
- Scanning Babies' Fingerprints Could Save Lives
- Underwater Robot for Port Security
- Prolonged Power in Mobile Devices
- Ebola: 1.4 Million by End of January 2015?
- Graphene for Flexible, Low-Cost Touchscreen
- Power Outage? Robots to the Rescue
- How Chimpanzees Share Skills
- How Dinosaur Arms Turned Into Bird Wings
- Beating Monk Parakeets at Their Own Game
- Birds: Metabolic Rates, Temps Affect Risk-Taking
- Six Changing Faces of 'Global Killer' Bacteria
- More Waters May Deserve Federal Protection: Study
- Ebola: New Therapies to Combat Virus
- Sea Monkeys, Zooplankton and Global Ocean ...
- Polyploidy: Does Gene Doubling Shape the World?
- Crabs: Coral's Defender Against Army of Sea Stars
DNA Signature Found in Ice Storm Babies: Prenatal Maternal Stress Exposure to Natural Disasters Predicts Epigenetic Profile of Offspring
- Florida's Climate Cuts Greenhouse Emissions
- Fish Need Time to Adjust to Warmer Water
- Drought: Biodiversity Doesn't Always Protect
- California Drought: Blame Climate Change
- Climate Change: Do We Have Time to Save Species?
- DNA Signature Found in Ice Storm Babies
- Human Caused Climate Change in Australia
- Predicting Landslides With Light
- Greenland Ice Sheet Particularly Vulnerable
- While Arctic Is Melting, Gulf Stream Remains
- Australia: Sand Dunes Reveal Biodiversity Secrets
- Stone Tools: Innovation Was Local, Not Imported
- Dinosaur Study: Clues to Rapid Rise of Birds
- Past Sea Level Rise: Five Meters Per Century
- Evolution: Fossil of Ancient Multicellular Life
- New Mexico Dinosaur Has Relatives in Alberta
- Colorado's Front Range Fire: Past Severity
- Human Genetic History Analysis: Female Dominance
- Women: How Important Is Facial Masculinity?
- Mega-Storm Surge in Florida's Past
Working Long Hours Linked to Increased Risk of Type 2 Diabetes in People Doing Low Socioeconomic Status Jobs
- Safer Flights With In-Flight Sensor Tests
- Halting Organ Traffickers Requires Global Effort
- Secret to Raising Well Behaved Teens? Sleep
- Agonizing Rabies Deaths Can Be Stopped Worldwide
- Goats Best Way to Curb Invasive Marsh Grass
- Yellowstone: Obstacles for Migrating Pronghorn
- Dengue Fever, Malaria in the Himalayas
- Long Hours Linked to Risk of Diabetes for Some
- Drivers: Is Google Glass a Distraction?
- Natural Gas: Little Effect On CO<sub>2</sub> ...
Gray Matter Matters When Measuring Risk Tolerance: May Explain Why Risk Tolerance Decreases With Age
There Could Be Increased Numbers of Psychopaths in Senior Managerial Positions, High Levels of Business, Research Shows
- Job Loss Fears May Boost First-Time Asthma Risk
- Burnout Caused by More Than Just Job Stress
- Gray Matter Volume Predicts Risk Tolerance
- Half of Loss of Rainforests for Agriculture
- Working While Depressed: Health Benefits?
- Are There More Psychopaths in Senior Management?
- Self-Deceived Individuals Deceive Others Better
- Feeling Bad at Work Can Be a Good Thing?
- Sleepy College Students Stressed by Jobs
- Great Recession's Health Effects Hard to Find
Readers With Dyslexia Have Disrupted Network Connections in the Brain, Map the Circuitry of Dyslexia Shows
- After-School Exercise Program Enhances Cognition
- Good at Learning Rules: Prone to False Memories?
- Fighting Parents Hurt Kids' Emotional Regulation
- Brain Scans Forecast Reading Difficulties
- 3-D Printing of Rocks and Fossils
- Sometimes, Adolescents Just Can't Resist
- Boys: Physical Activity Tied to Better Academics
- Pregnant Binge Drinking Harms Baby's Academics
- Cellphone Addiction Harming Academic Performance?
- Readers With Dyslexia: Brain Activity Disrupted