Today's Science News
Cells' Powerhouses Were Once Energy Parasites: Study Upends Current Theories of How Mitochondria Began
Three People Infected With Ebola Predicted to Fly from West Africa Every Month If No Exit Screening Takes Place
- Origins of Sex: Copulation in Distant Ancestors
- Hearing Restored in Noise-Deafened Mice
- New Information About Sun's Atmosphere
- Cells' Mitochondria Were Once Energy Parasites
- Wobbling Saturn Moon: What Lies Beneath?
- Reversible Laser Tractor Beam Developed
- New Antidepressant: Pleasure-Seeking First
- Huge Tsunamis Have Hit Hawaii in Past
- Brain: Evidence for Internal 'Calorie Counter'
- Antibiotics Spread Salmonella Among Animals
- Mental Rest and Reflection Boost Learning
- No Exit Screening: Ebola-Infected Travelers
- See-Through Sensors Open New Window Into Brain
- Brain Surgery, by Robot, Through the Cheek
- New Way to Combat Excess Body Weight
More Science News
Subscribe for Free
News by Topic
Patients Treated With Radiation Therapy Who Have Tumors in Left Breast Have Comparable Overall Survival to Those With Tumors in Right Breast
- Untangling Biological Effects of Blue Light
- Skates Talk Back: 'Smart' Ice Skating Blade
- Elderly: Subliminal Messages Can Boost Function
- Charting the Fate of Chemicals Affecting Health
- Autism: Siblings Can Show Signs at 18 Months
- Radiation: Outcomes Same for Left, Right Breast
- See-Through Electrodes for Studying Brain
- Antibiotic Content in Farm-Raised Fish Evaluated
- Kids Drinking Non-Cow's Milk: Low Vitamin D Risk
- Sport in Old Age Can Stimulate Brain Fitness
- 'Eyecane' Aids Navigational Abilities for Blind
- Why Your Brain Makes You Reach for Junk Food
- Fairness Is in the Brain, Scientists Say
- Masculine Men, Feminine Women: Urban Habit?
- Nanoparticles for Treatments for Alzheimer's?
- Cold Sores Increase Risk of Dementia: Study
- Head Injury Causes Immune System to Attack Brain
- Heart Rate May Predict Survival in Comatose
- Aspirin Shown to Benefit Schizophrenia Treatment
- Fish Intake: Antidepressant Response Boost
- Baby's Health Begins Before Pregnancy
- Medication Frequently Given Incorrectly to Kids
- Birth Season Affects Your Mood in Later Life
- Vitamin D and Brain Function After Cardiac Arrest
- Smoking In Pregnancy Alters Newborn DNA: Study
- People Trust Trivial Graphs and Formulas
- Physicists Warn 'Nail Beauty Fanatics'
- Big Benefits for Students Who Attend Live Theater
- Male, Female Brains Respond Differently to Fat
- Oh, Brother! Having Sibling Makes Boys Selfless
- Starfish-Like Shells for 3-D-Printing Pills
- Wild Molecular Interactions in Hydrogen Mixture
- Protocells and Information Strings: Virtual Model
- 1980s Aircraft Helps Quantum Tech Take Flight
- Goldilocks Principle Wrong for Particle Assembly
- New Tracers Identify Frack Fluids in Environment
- 3-D Printed Facial Prosthesis: Hope for Eye ...
- Electric Charge Propagates in Microbial Nanowires
- Crystallizing the DNA Nanotechnology Dream
- Major Breakthrough to Help Detoxify Pollutants
Journey to the Center of the Earth: Geochemist Uses Helium and Lead Isotopes to Gain Insight Into Makeup of Planet’s Deep Interior
Inexplicable Signal from Unseen Universe Provides Tantalizing Clue About One of Astronomy's Greatest Secrets -- Dark Matter
- Venusian Mystery: Heavy Metal Frost
- Mars Odyssey Orbiter Watches Comet Fly Near
- MAVEN Studies Passing Comet and Its Effects
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Studies Comet Flyby
- Explosion: Hydrogen-Deficient Supernova ...
- Tiny 'Nanoflares' Might Heat Sun's Corona
- Insight Into Makeup of Earth’s Deep Interior
- Stars' Cosmic Jets Formed by Magnetic Fields
- Probing the Past: Extremely Distant Galaxy
- Mysterious Signal: Mystery of Dark Matter
Smartphone Approach for Examining Progression of Diabetic Eye Disease Offers Comparable Results to Traditional Method
- Smartphones to Examine Diabetic Eye Disease
- iPhones Capture Tough Ocular Images
- Action Video Games Bolster Sensorimotor Skills?
- Superconducting Circuits, Simplified
- Breakthrough Will Help Design Future Antibiotics
- Tailored 'Activity Coaching' by Smartphone
- Tumor Switches from Dormant to Malignant: Why?
- Dispelling Misconception About Mg-Ion Batteries
- Digital Archaeology Changes Past Exploration
- Weather History 'Time Machine' Created
- Male Bluefin Killifish: Each Fin Means Something
- Secrets of Dinosaur Ecology in Fragile Amber
- Semi-Arid Ecosystems Resist Climate Change?
- Fish Just Wanna Have Fun
- New Tarantula Species Named After John Lennon
- Oxygen Supply to Bottom of North Sea: How?
- Winning War Against Human Parainfluenza Virus
- Blind Cave Fish: Insight On Human Health Issues?
- Later Supper for Blackbirds in the City
- Pediatrics: Fresh Milk Keeps Infections at Bay?
- What Spurs Earthquakes in the Oceans?
- Climate Change: Electricity Access Has Low Impact
- Asbestos Likely More Widespread Than Thought
- Decline of UK Migratory Birds Wintering in Africa
- Biological Clock Disruptions: Breast Cancer Risk
- Australian Volcanic Mystery Explained
- Climate Change Alters Cast of Winter Birds
- Marsh Harrier Distribution in Europe
- Plastic Nanoparticles Harm Freshwater Organisms
- Big Predator Loss: Impact On Herbivores, Plants
Canary for Climate Change: How Past Extinctions Have Influenced Modern Distribution, Population Size of Existing Species
Ancient Fossils of Bizarre Figure-Eight Water Creatures Confirmed Among Our Strangest Distant Cousins
- Roman Gladiators: Vegetarians That Drank Ashes
- No Signs of Spinal Arthritis in Egyptian Mummies
- Cellular Self-Destruction Throughout Evolution
- Huge Mountains Fed Early Life, Scientists Find
- Microfossils Reveal Warm Oceans Had Less Oxygen
- How Have Extintions Affected Current Populations?
- Extinct Kangaroo Family Didn't Like to Hop
- Ancient Evolution Echoed in Modern Crocodiles
- Ancient Figure-Eight Creatures: Distant Cousins
- Rare Inert Gas Isotopes For Water Dating
Pathological Gambling Is Associated With Altered Opioid System in the Brain: Reduced Feeling of Euphoria When Compared to Healthy Volunteers
- Pathological Gambling and Opioid System in Brain
- Geneticists Review Cost-Effective Genome Analysis
- How Myths About the Brain Hamper Teaching
- FDA, E-Cigarettes: Demise of Combusted Tobacco
- Can Religious Belief System Reduce Hostility?
- Risking Your Life Without a Second Thought
- Natural Gas Alone Won't Slow Climate Change
- 21-Day Quarantine Period for Ebola Too Short?
- Forest Composition: Don't Blame Climate Change?
- Hydraulic Fracturing Linked to Quakes in Ohio
Gray Matter Matters When Measuring Risk Tolerance: May Explain Why Risk Tolerance Decreases With Age
There Could Be Increased Numbers of Psychopaths in Senior Managerial Positions, High Levels of Business, Research Shows
- Helping Outdoor Workers Reduce Skin Cancer Risk
- Eradicating Harmful Impacts from Manufacturing
- Dynamic Encryption Keeps Secrets
- What Makes a Song Sing? Backup Singers
- Job Loss Fears May Boost First-Time Asthma Risk
- Burnout Caused by More Than Just Job Stress
- Gray Matter Volume Predicts Risk Tolerance
- Half of Loss of Rainforests for Agriculture
- Working While Depressed: Health Benefits?
- Are There More Psychopaths in Senior Management?
- More Exercise Improves School Performance?
- Trying to Fool a Kindergartner? Not So Fast
- Why Is Educational Achievement Heritable?
- Kids' Oral Skills: Predict Writing Difficulties
- How Curiosity Changes Brain to Enhance Learning
- After-School Exercise Program Enhances Cognition
- Secret to Raising Well Behaved Teens? Sleep
- Good at Learning Rules: Prone to False Memories?
- Fighting Parents Hurt Kids' Emotional Regulation
- Brain Scans Forecast Reading Difficulties